Who We Are
Mayson Blackhouse Guyana Inc. was incorporated in Georgetown as an indigenous Guyanese Investment Firm that deploys private equity and venture capital into business startups across multiple asset classes including but not limited to:
- Energy: Upstream O&G Services, Trading & Midstream, Renewables
- Real Estate: Commercial & Residential Development
- Technology & Innovation
As a company with an industrialist vision, we aim to generate attractive investment returns by maintaining the highest QHSE standards, employing and training high-quality people to cultivate Guyana’s human capital, following a patient and disciplined approach in the pursuit of excellence, and aligning the interests of our investment partners, customers, community and nation.
How We Work
Our strength lies in our ability to connect the dots between the business opportunity, the capital, the technical expertise and our global human-capital network to deliver sustainable value to customers, investors, partners and stakeholders.
As a company, we only set long-term goals. Our primary focus is to support the sustainable development of the burgeoning petroleum industry, ensuring adherence and fidelity to principles such as 7th Generation Stewardship (Environmental and Economic), Shared Prosperity and Do No Harm in the context of Corporate Social Responsibility.
We are stepping in to fill the void found in the local Guyanese Supply Chain by establishing a strategic portfolio of companies. International oil companies and their foreign primary contractors will benefit from the availability of local goods and services that meet industry standards, while the local economy will get a direct boost, the impact of which will far exceed that of any educational scholarship or other charitable works.
“We know the business. We’re committed to the sustainable development of the industry, our country and our people. We are running a marathon, not a sprint.” – Dean M. Jackson
We deploy Venture Capital to fuel startup oil & gas service companies and Private Equity into major capital projects or partnerships with international firms – leading brands that can accelerate the development of Guyana’s Oil and Gas Supply Chain.
Whether we are starting a company from the ground up or Joint Venturing with a well-established international company, we are committed to developing Guyanese Local Content, capacity and participation.
Our Competitive Edge
We are unique in the Guyanese competitive landscape in that our Management Team and Strategic Advisory Board have extensive global energy experience with particular expertise in Upstream Petroleum Exploration, Development & Production; Offshore Developments/Capital Projects; Supply Chain & Logistics and Local Content Maximization.
Having executive management who are resident in Georgetown means that we are directly at the center of local activity, while leadership presence in Houston connects us to the energy capital of the world. Our Houston office also comes with the strategic advantage of accessing foreign investment to overcome the onerous cost of capital that acts as a significant barrier to economic advancement in a developing nation like Guyana.
Dean M. Jackson
Founder & COO
- 10 years professional experience as a banker in New York and Zurich
- Entrepreneur in Guyana’s gold industry, based in Georgetown for last 23 years, running a family enterprise founded ~50 years ago
- Guyanese and Swiss national, appointed as the Honorary Consul General of Switzerland in Georgetown, Guyana
Qaasim O.B. Shittu
Founder & Board Director
- 15+ years O&G experience with Commercial, Global Supply Chain, and Offshore Development expertise
- Previously Head of Contracts & Procurement, Logistics and Materials Management over a $5.5 Billion offshore capital project (FPSO) in Ghana
- Served as Chairman of Contracts and Procurement Committee between National Oil Company and International Oil Company; developing strategies to maximize local content and participation